Thursday, September 15, 2011

Fro Whoa

It might have been the midsummer heat getting the best of me but the creative freedom given to me by the the specialty shops opening up all over South Florida led me right to my first addiction — frozen yogurt.
It's been a quick rise with more than 22,000 shops sprouting up in the U.S since 2005, most of which only really took off after in the last two years, according to this Google trends chart.
To be honest, the numbers don't matter much to me. I'm all about the fro-yo itself. The flavor/topping combination along with different techniques that I've picked up since my obsession make for what I believe is an interesting conversation.
That will come later.
For now, I'll leave you with this: 

FroYoLove: San Diego, CA

Fro-yo Fact: The creative freedom I mentioned before is related directly to the fact that these shops make you do it yourself. The money you pay is based on how much your fro-yo cup weighs. Assuming that you don't go overboard, you won't be judged negatively on the contents of your cup. 

No comments:

Post a Comment